Last year was both challenging and rewarding for me. I learnt more about myself as a Christian, wife, mother and leader in my place of employment and church. I learnt to accept myself and worked towards being a better person (as I discussed in my previous blog post).
I do not feel one must make changes in the month of January only and this blog is NOT about making New Year’s resolutions. Change can come about at any point in the year. The main point being is that you list the changes, how and when you are going to put them into place. Without a plan it is unlikely you will follow anything through. Having the desire for change is not enough.
This year I would like to (not listed in order of importance);
1. Minimise the amount of complaining and nagging I do. It is not healthy for me or those around me and quite frankly it is unfair on my children and husband who is one of the most “happy go lucky” people I know.
2. Study the bible with a passion in order to gain a deeper understanding.
3. Spend more time in personal prayer. Even if it means locking myself in the bathroom to get a little peace and turning my eyes away from tasks that need doing in the home.
4. Spend more time praying as a family. Be more consistent with bible reading time and family devotion time.
5. Be more content with my life even when I desire change in particular areas.
6. Spend more time with our children and make this quality time where I develop a deeper relationship with them. Lose the guilt I feel from being a full-time working mother.
7. Develop my leadership skills for work and church ministry purposes.
8. Take my blog and writing to another level.
Do not allow 2017 to be another year where you do not go for what you desire. You can make enquiries at college/ university if it is a course you want to do, request training at work to further your career, read books to gain more knowledge in a subject area, sign up for driving lessons and take them as and when you can afford to.
I do not particularly like change especially when it requires more of me emotionally and physically but I understand the principles surrounding change. I am willing to sacrifice and do the work now in order to gain later.
As Albert Einstein quoted;
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”
What change would you like to see in 2017?
Do you require assistance/training /additional finances?
How will you go about accessing these?